Thursday, 10 June 2010

DRAPE EXPLORATIONS

THEME: FABRIC OVERDOSE (Excess)
I started with exploring different ways to drape and get new silhouette out of the drapes. I started with making pleats with organza fabric and twisted and turned the fabric in order to achieve new silhouettes. Here I experimented with a new colour story- pastel colours (from my trend magazine).

I mixed pastel colours- soft green and light pink to get newer drapes.
I wanted to see the drape effect in trousers as well. So I started with making pleats from the top and continued till the bottom to gain fabric excess. I got two looks of the same trouser from this exploration.
In the first look, after making a few pleats, I let the fabric loose and started making cowls at random distances getting a new silhouette for the trouser.
The second look has a more tighter silhouette with the width of the folds increasing at the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment